Following last Saturday’s explosion at a Downtown Los Angeles headshop warehouse, the L.A. Fire Department launched a citywide inspection of butane use by cannabis businesses.
Los Angeles Times
- The business which exploded, Smoke Tokes, sells smoking accessories including butane, which dabbers use to fill their torches and illicit extractors use to make concentrates.
- While no evidence of illegal activity has emerged, as far as I’m aware, the businesses on Downtown’s “bong row” are thought to supply illegal manufacturers.
- The incident sparked fear of a backlash against the industry, WeedWeek‘s Hilary Corrigan reported
- At Forbes, Chris Roberts suggests the response reflects anti-weed bias. ???? WW California has more.
- I’m normally a fan of reporter David Downs, but think he gets it wrong in Leafly, blaming the illegal market for the explosion.
- Two months after being denied “essential” status, Massachusetts’ REC dispensaries re-open today. Shoppers can expect a “drastically changed” experience.
- Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) signed decriminalization into law.