Jeff Gray is CEO of SC Labs and one of the few black cannabis executives. The Santa Cruz exec last week offered a thoughtful, emotional take on why diverse hiring practices especially matter in “an industry devoid—almost devoid—of people of color in positions of power.”
Early indications are that meaningful diversity measures are in play as never before.
- “Diversity is marked as brand with black and brown faces, and holds no real promise of access, of voice, of equity,” Gray says.
- On Tuesday, Los Angeles’ Department of Cannabis Regulation proposed amendments to the Cannabis Procedures Ordinance that grants temporary approval to all equity applicants.
- In Oakland, the municipal pot regulatory body moved to disperse its $6.5M in state funding as quickly as possible, according to Dan Mitchell.
East Bay Express
- The effects of looting early in the country’s social unrest was severe enough to impact the supply chain.
MJ Biz Daily
- Humboldt County is 84% white and has begun putting together its social-equity program. Here’s what that looks like.
- If you don’t think Mary Jane and cultural resistance are intertwined, then go back school and learn your weed history.