Quite a few stories this week discussed how cannabis companies are adjusting to heightened awareness of systemic racism, while trying to avoid the appearance of opportunism:
- MGRetailer suggests the protests — and the pandemic — presents opportunities for marketers.
- SC Labs CEO Jeff Gray, who is Black, reflected on the paucity of cannabis executives of color.
- James Choe, CEO of Vessel Brand, discussed how companies can create a culture of equality.
- Canna Law Blog discusses how to use pot taxes to promote racial justice.
In related news:
- Los Angeles is overhauling its licensing program to be more equitable.
- Decriminalization and similar measures are gaining traction across the country.
- Overwhelmingly white Humboldt County, Calif. is developing an equity program.
- The push to unionize cannabis workers in Massachusetts is getting heated.
- Many in the cannabis world take pride in its long history of LGBTQ activism.
- The Library of Congress dug up some of the racist news coverage used to justify prohibition a century ago.
- Experts on the job market discussed the most recession proof jobs in weed.