Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell(R), who opposes REC legalization, is pressuring the FDA to speedily regulate CBD.
- McConnell, who is up for re-election next year, was key to legalizing industrial help in the 2018 Farm Bill.
Leafly published a three-part report on the CBD market.
- Reporters tested 47 CBD products and found only about half contained within 20% of the advertised amount of CBD.
- Five of the 47 products contained no CBD.
- Of the various product types, tinctures and gummies were the most reliable. Water was the least, and the four capsule brands contained more
- An observational study found “mostly positive outcomes” for autism spectrum patients who took “CBD-enriched cannabis.”
Frontiers in Neurology