The Austin Chronicle explains why legalization isn’t moving in Texas despite bipartisan support.
- While many Republicans support legalization, Texas’ powerful Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) is “strongly opposed to weakening any laws against marijuana [and] remains wary of the various medicinal-use proposals that could become a vehicle for expanding access to this drug.”
- With the legislative season winding down, a bill to reduce criminal penalties for pot crimes appears to have fallen short.
- The VA came out against three bills which would improve MED access for veterans.
- A decorated Army veteran lost his pension after he started working for Acreage Holdings.
- Activists say presidential candidate and longtime drug warrior Joe Biden(D), has been more lenient with his children.