Here’s what’s happening from coast to coast:
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the best and most likely way to legalize REC is in the state’s budget agreement. “I think if they get it done, it will be in the budget and if it’s not in the budget, it’s not going to get done,” he said. Gothamist talks to Norman Birenbaum, New York’s first “Weed Czar.”
N.Y. State of Politics
- In Connecticut, REC legalization is “alive again.”
- Missouri activists are pushing for a REC ballot initiative this year. And thwarted MED applicants in the state are griping about the company which scored the applications.
Marijuana Moment, KansasCity.com
- In Arkansas, the surgeon general and church groups launched a campaign against a possible REC ballot initiative.
- Colorado is rolling out a sustainability initiative in which carbon dioxide produced during beer brewing is used to cultivate cannabis.
- Canna Law Blog checks in on the Washington state market.