Coast to coast:
- Colorado cannabis sales hit a record $1.75B in 2019.
- Minnesota Democratic lawmakers are pushing a long-odds chance to legalize REC.
- In Missouri, more than 500 businesses have filed appeals against a MED licensing process they feel selected poorly.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called REC legalization a “top priority.” He says the best chance to make it happen is in the budget process.
NY State of Politics
- In Massachusetts, a meeting between industry, regulators and law enforcement was criticized for being closed to the press.
- Despite a state law, Massachusetts pot taxes aren’t helping communities most damaged by the war on drugs.
- The Kentucky House passed a MED bill.
- The New Hampshire House voted to legalize REC without creating an industry.
- Rob Kampia, a D.C. cannabis activist who has acknowledged past sexual misconduct in the workplace, is under fire for his work supporting an effort to decriminalize prostitution.