Wednesday, after a San Diego County Supervisors’ REC proposal, leadership of San Diegans for Safe Neighborhoods told board members to say strong in opposition, that any easing of restrictions in unincorporated areas “streamlines a process for ex-cons to set up a pot store.”
- Supervisor Nathan Fletcher’s plan called for zoning ordinances that would bring in cultivation and retail. Fletcher’s permitting proposal also included a taxation system and a social-equity component.
- The motion died without receiving a second. Fletcher called his fellow board members out of touch.
- San Diegans for Safe Neighborhoods’ Scott Chipman said, “we need a complete reeducation program on [the danger of legal] marijuana.”
- You insure cannabis businesses and see your retailer clientele grow and prosper. But the impacts of the pandemic on cannabis and insurance are more complex than any sales sheet can tell.
- State Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) has a bill that makes a matter of public health out of the need to end mandatory minimum sentencing for nonviolent drug offenders.