Ontario’s REC Retailers were overjoyed they’ll be able to operate during the pandemic, as the first private stores in Canada allowed to deliver their own product. Then came the details: like every other set of regulations in the industry, they’re demanding.
Twitter–@trinafraser, AGCO, Harrison Jordan Blog, Venngage
- Products must not be picked up inside existing stores (which remain closed to customers), meaning only retailers with access to an outdoor area in which to set up a curbside pick-up station will be able to offer curbside pickup. Lawyers recommend REC retailers consult with their landlords and insurance brokers.
MJ Biz Daily
- All products must be fully paid, without cash, online by phone prior to delivery or pickup. This may present a challenge for some platforms.
- Deliveries may only serve residential addresses.
- Retailers must hire their own delivery staff (who have completed the $65 CannSell certification program), and may not hire a third-party delivery service.
Reducing COVID-19 risks to employees and customers is also a critical consideration.
New York Times
- In a Twitter thread, security expert David Hyde laid out a series of security priorities and concerns REC retailers may need to consider.