After Aphria crushed its Q4 filings last week with an 85% quarter-over-quarter improvement on its disastrous Q3, short-sellers naturally reduced their positions, and shifted focus to CannTrust, which received $400,000 in short interest in July.
- The greatest increase in short interest, however, was with Canopy, which added $70M short-interest last month after CEO Bruce Linton’s sacking.
- Last week the WeedWeek podcast interviewed Linton. You don’t want to miss it.
- Short sellers have had difficulty with cannabis stocks, losing $690M last year alone.
- Aurora predicted it production will be higher than expected in the last quarter of this year.
- Though Cronos’s quarterly revenue beat expectations ($10.2M instead of $7.3M), the company also posted a larger than expected Q2 loss of $17.8M (rather than the expected $10M).
Nasdaq, Globe and Mail
- Flagging Wayland Group, once MariCann, announced it is selling off its core assets to blockchain company Cryptologic, which has had liquidity troubles of its own.