Though REC sales have increased since February with every new store open, they finally hit the wall in September and dropped from their August apex of $125M down to $122M across most Eastern Canadian provinces–except Quebec, whose SQDC has continueed opening new REC stores and thus increased its cannabis sales by 5%.
Twitter—Patrick Cain, Global News
- Sales declined 2.4% between September and August, with a 5.9% decline in Ontario.
- Outside Quebec, no new stores opened in September. However, wastewater testing suggests drug consumption follows seasonal patterns, with consumption highest in the summer.
MJ Biz Daily, Vancouver Sun
- Global offered a video explaining why REC products are struggling.
- According to a new report from Public Safety Canada, 2.5 tons of illicit cannabis per year is shipped out of Canada.
- A special agent of the US DEA told Montreal tabloid the Journal de Montréal that since legalization, seizures of cannabis have spiked by 3,300%—and they blamed Canada.
Journal de Montréal—In French