Unlicensed dispensaries have proven a magnet for robbery dating back to before legalization, with some past robberies turning violent, and others absurd. Now robbers are shifting their sights to legal REC stores.
- After four robberies in which REC store employees were threatened with a weapon and assaulted, Edmonton police arrested two men and laid 60 charges.
- A third suspect remains at large, and police are looking for tips to identify him.
CityNews, CTV News
- People still rob unlicensed dispensaries, too.
- Though the judge lectured them for knowingly breaking the 2018 Cannabis Act, more than two dozen people arrested in London, ON dispensary raids in 2018 were given discharges that did not leave them with criminal records.
London Free Press
- An Ontario man once convicted of mischief and other minor offences didn’t start getting hassled by US Customs and Border Protection guards until he got pardons for his offences. Before, border guards could see what his offences were, but now they can only see that he was convicted of something and pardoned.