Vermont Senator and REC legalization supporter Bernie Sanders won the Nevada primary, cementing his place as the frontrunner for the Democratic Presidential nomination.
New York Times
- If he’s the nominee, he will be the first major party nominee to support REC legalization.
- Sanders has said he would legalize nationally via executive order on the first day of his presidency, though that probably isn’t possible.
- In recent weeks, former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has been trying to make his views on cannabis more palatable to Democrats. Canna Law Blog gives him a D-.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) who’s competing for the nomination, outlined her plan to legalize REC and prevent “Big Tobacco” from conquering the industry.
Marc Lotter, director of strategic communications for the Trump 2020 campaign, said marijuana should remain federally illegal.
Tom Angell — Forbes
- Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) continues to cultivate ties with the cannabis industry.