Despite hopes from N.Y. Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, REC legalization looks unlikely in either state this year, the N.Y. Times reports.
- NYT: “New Jersey’s failure had a coattail effect in New York: It emboldened opponents and eased pressure on some of legalization’s most important allies, including Cuomo.”
- Even so, there’s a new REC bill in New York.
Forbes–Sara Brittany Somerset
- New Jersey could vote on REC legalization on Election Day 2020.
Asbury Park Press
- Connecticut legislators could vote to legalize REC within three weeks.
- REC is already legal in Vermont, but a bill to create a regulated industry in the state looks dead for the year, a blow to the state’s struggling MED dispensaries.
- A New Hampshire Senate committee voted to postpone a REC bill until 2020.
- In terms of REC legalization, Politico says 2019 hasn’t lived up the to industry’s hopes.