The average gram of legal dry flower cost $10.23 in Q3 2019, down 3.9% from Q2—the first time legal REC prices have declined since legalization. Yet during the same period, an average gram of illicit flower dropped 5.9% to $5.59. Since legalization, legal REC prices have increased by 4.9%, as illicit cannabis prices have dropped 12%.
- In the past year, illicit REC has gone from 34.6% cheaper than legal REC to 45.4% cheaper.
- The illicit market’s other advantage is deep volume discounts for those buying in bulk.
- BC public safety minister Mike Farnworth predicted the price of legal cannabis will continue to drop.
- Even if the US federally legalized cannabis, they’d likely still ban you if you admitted using it before it was legal up here.
- Leafly informed an unspecified number of its customers that it had suffered a data breach of user records including email addresses, usernames, and encrypted passwords.