Recent developments in several potential state ballot initiatives show cannabis reform is in play in virtually every state:
- In Arizona, the Arizona Cannabis Chamber of Commerce dropped its push for a small business friendly REC initiative and endorsed a rival REC initiative, Smart and Safe Arizona. The latter has support from MSOs operating in the state.
Phoenix New Times
- NJ.com checks in on New Jersey’s REC initiative.
- A group called Missourians for a New Approach is making progress on signature collecting for a REC initiative.
- Mississippi is likely to see two MED initiatives on the November ballot.
- Advocacy group Arkansas True Grass wants a REC vote in November.
- Idaho South Dakota and Nebraska could see MED votes as well.
- And Oregon, could vote on decriminalizing all drugs.
Meanwhile, the coronavirus could derail New York’s push to legalize REC through the legislature.