In another step forward for the industry, three northeastern governors announced their intentions to move forward with REC legalization.
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont (D) said they would work together on a “regional approach” to REC legalization on a “timely basis,” perhaps in coordination with New Jersey, Rhode Island and other states.
- “It makes no sense to pass one set of rules when they can just drive across the border to Connecticut to have a different set of rules and vice versa,” Cuomo said.
- They announced a gubernatorial summit for October 17.
- Also in the Cannabis Wire story, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf announced he supports legal REC.
- As the industry does, he argued that the vape crisis is a reason to legalize since a legal market will be safer.
Also, Massachusetts regulators approved cannabis delivery, to begin next year.
- A Maryland judge blocked regulators from issuing more MED licenses over concerns about the application process.