Since its founding in 2010, the company has suffered several public security breaches before this recent success. CEO Jessica Billingsley said Akerna will use the proceeds to pursue an aggressive acquisition strategy.
Investor’s Business Daily, Forbes
- Shares debuted around $10 then soared to $65 before closing the week at $27.05.
- Its backers include early Facebook investor Roger McNamee.
- Shareholders of MSO Acreage Holdings voted to be acquired by Canadian producer Canopy Growth.
- Video content company Green Flower Media raised a $20M Series C from Tuatara Capital, Poseidon Asset Management and Phyto Partners. Business Insider got a look at the Green Flower’s pitch deck.
- High Times is being sued over its not yet complete acquisition of lifestyle magazine Culture. The seller claims High Times still owes it up to $4M.