While it’s hard to measure, Politico suggests booming legal pot sales imply the illicit market is struggling.
- “It’s understandable that people may be more hesitant to get their products from sources that are unregulated,” Kris Krane, CEO of MSO 4Front Ventures, said.
- Another Politico story says the spring’s protests triggered a “collective awakening” among state and local governments on cannabis policy.
Around the industry:
- A report published by Leaflink, Flowhub and Vangst, is bullish on the industry’s post-pandemic recovery.
- In WeedWeek industry voices, Vangst CEO Karson Humiston wrote about the pot jobs market.
- Green Entrepreneur looks at five ways cannabis brands can sidestep ad restrictions and asks if there’s a market for cannabis-infused meal kits.
- Famed CBD purveyors, the Stanley Brothers, faced another setback in their “CW” [Charlotte’s Web] trademark dispute.
Canna Law Blog
- Zack Ruskin’s Rolling Stoned newsletter looks at what’s taking San Francisco’s equity program so long to get off the ground.
- We’re also excited to start posting Jackie Bryant’s excellent Cannabitch newsletter. This week she talked to the veteran-owned and run Helmand Valley Growers Company,