The Reno Gazette Journal dove into newly available Nevada records detailing who bankrolls the silver state’s cannabis businesses.
- Gov. Steve Sisolak (D) initiated the document dump when he signed a cannabis transparency law in May.
- The records reveal 8,900 people have invested in Nevada companies. They included athletes, at least one strip club owner and the wife of a former Republican operative who championed Nancy Reagan’s just say no campaign.
- Not everyone was wild about being outed, though one insider said she wasn’t impressed by the list. “I thought actually it was going to be more interesting.”
- A ruling could come soon in a case which pits dozens of disappointed license applicants against the state’s licensing process. All sides expect the case to be appealed to the Nevada Supreme Court.
- After five years of REC sales, Washington state insiders weigh in on lessons learned.