- Rolling Stone suggests it’s part of an effort to make the app store more family friendly, since Google-owned YouTube has attracted criticism for hosting far-right political commentators.
- Eaze called the move a “disappointing development that only helps the illegal market thrive.”
- Weedmaps has also attracted criticism for supporting the illegal market, since it accepts advertising from unlicensed dispensaries.
- Los Angeles is struggling to shut down unlicensed dispensaries which outnumber the city’s licensed shops. The business can be profitable enough that some stay open even after the city has cut their power.
- In a significant reversal, Wall Street heavyweight Goldman Sachs disclosed a position in a cannabis exchange traded fund.
Daily Marijuana Observer
- Canada’s National Post investigates whether federal police gave preferable treatment to cannabis giant Canopy Growth after a 2014 bust. Canopy denies any wrongdoing. ????WW Canada has more.
- New Cannabis Ventures lists the top 40 pot stocks for May.