- The hundreds of thousands of signatures it has collected can be applied to the 2022 initiative.
- Legalization activists have traditionally favored presidential election years for REC ballot initiatives because they generate larger and younger voter turnout.
In other state legalization news…
- Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo (D) called for the state to legalize REC and put forward a plan to open state run dispensaries.
- In New Hampshire, lawmakers may consider legalizing REC but not the industry.
- Activists in Montana submitted two REC proposals they hope to see on the November ballot.
- New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham wants to legalize REC through the legislature this year.
Las Cruces Sun News