Fear of Covid-19, a respiratory disease, seems to be inspiring more consumers to opt for edibles.
- California delivery service Eaze says edibles now account for 30% of all sales, up from 15% a few weeks ago.
- Trendy California infused beverage company Cann said it saw sales jump 300% from February to March.
- Among cannabis users, a YouGov poll found 28% are now using more.
S.F. Weekly asked a UCSF anti-tobacco crusader and a dispensary about smoking cannabis and Covid-19.
- “Smoking can irritate the lungs,” the Apothecarium‘s spokesperson said, “For people who already have predispositions to respiratory issues, you should really stick to edibles during this time.”
- Cosmopolitan asks similar questions and reaches a similar conclusion.