Cannabis lobbying continues to heat up:
- Cannabis Wire looks at how companies lobbied New York lawmakers as they contemplated REC legalization.
- Here’s how the industry spent $600,000 on Illinois political contributions before the state passed REC.
- Powerhouse D.C. lobbying shop Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck opened a cannabis and hemp group.
- Major Sacramento firm Capitol Advocacy has teamed up with SoCal firm Spiker Consulting to lobby for cannabis.
- Congress may finally be coming around to the industry’s view on bank access.
- Business Insider asks how big venture capital firms are thinking about cannabis.
- Ohio state rep. Candice Keller (R) brushed off calls to resign after she posted on Facebook that REC, gay marriage, “drag queen advocates” and other conservative bug-bears are to blame for mass shootings.