Products from disgraced Winnipeg LP Bonify, back after an eight-month license suspension, returned to Manitoba REC stores this month. The company quietly returned its products to Saskatchewan stores earlier this year.
MJ Biz Daily
- Bonify is working with Great White North Growers on a portfolio of 2.0 products which it plans to lead off with bubble hash.
In late 2018, Bonify was caught after procuring 210 kilograms of illegal cannabis from an unlicensed third-party middleman passing it to consumers off as the product of regulated production.
CBC Business, National Post
- Bonify interim president George Robinson, CEO of Raven BioQuest (itself now on the cusp of losing its last Health Canada license), said the unauthorized product contained mould, yeast, e-coli, pesticides, and herbicides.
Equity Guru, BNN Bloomberg
- Both the RCMP and the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority declined to investigate the source of the 200 kilograms.
- After being exposed, the company sacked senior executives and endured a suspension, but was allowed to keep its license.
- Last fall, Health Canada announced it would reinstate Bonify’s sales license. The sector greeted that news with disbelief.
BNN Bloomberg, Twitter–@trinafraser, @C0URTLANDS, @AaronWAnderson, @TheTokenMohawk