Election day 2020 is shaping up as a big day for MED and REC ballot initiatives.
- In Florida, a REC ballot initiative has gathered 83,000 signatures, enough to trigger a Supreme Court and economic review. If it passes, supporters will have to gather 766,200 signatures.
- This month activists in Arizona released draft language for a 2020 REC initiative. REC lost a close vote in 2016.
- New Jersey could vote on REC in 2020.
- Arkansas, North Dakota and Missouri, which each currently have fledgling MED programs, could vote on REC.
- Some of the reddest states– Idaho, Mississippi, South Dakota and Nebraska— could each vote on MED in 2020.
Are you registered to vote? Click here to register or confirm your registration.