Devastating fires, particularly in NorCal, have wiped out numerous grows and the toll is expected to rise.
Aside from this latest disaster, there are numerous reasons for optimism in the country’s largest REC market.
- Because of the pandemic and other reasons, an anticipated wave of California business failures has failed to materialize. (In several key states, sales seem to be holding up despite the federal $600/week unemployment benefit ending in July.)
- California pot tax revenues are way up year over year.
- The state may soon help growers who want to promote their growing region.
North Bay Business Journal
- Royal Emerald Pharmaceuticals, the first company with a federal contract for MED research, is opening a facility in Desert Hot Springs.
- Beard Bros. Pharms serves up the ABCs of California cannabis.