The Mendocino County Sheriffs sent out a press release on July 17, concluding operation Operation Clean Sweep which destroyed 42,638 unlicensed plants. Its wrap-up tells the story in numbers.
- Search Warrants served: 28.
- Locations of Search Warrants: Covelo (Round Valley), Dos Rios, Woodman Creek (Laytonville), Iron Peak Road/Simmerly Road (Laytonville).
- Marijuana/Cannabis plants removed: 42,638.
- Independent acts of environmental based Crime(s) observed: 603
- Independent acts impacting Water Rights: 197; California Department of Fish & Wildlife violations observed: 264.
- “Significant Wildlife Impact(s): Foothill Yellow Legged Frog was observed in a stream that was impacted by an act of Illegal damming and water diversion. In June 2017 the California Fish and Game Commission voted to make the Foothill Yellow Legged Frog a candidate species under the California Endangered Species Act.”
- Arrest(s): 0. Cases will be submitted to the Mendocino District Attorney’s Office later.